Particular steps taken by the Tile House Surgery
In order to limit the number of patients attending the surgery -
If you have any form, letter or blood test form etc to collect please contact the surgery and we will post it out to you.
We will be asking all patients to nominate a pharmacy for collection of prescriptions both acute and repeat
We are not currently booking any routine appointments, all those previously booked have now been cancelled, if you have an urgent need to see your GP please ring the surgery and your call will be triaged. If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can contact the surgery by email on email@example.com
On advice from NHS England on-line bookings have been suspended.
Death registration by Telephone please download Death Registration by Telephone
NHS and Public Health Guidance
The NHS in Basildon and Brentwood and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The latest information on symptoms of coronovirus infection and areas where recent travel may have resulted in a high risk of exposure can be found on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus
- in the last 14 days you've been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus
- you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.
- Everyone is being reminded to follow the public health advice on the NHS website to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus.
- Please bookmark the dedicated NHS England and NHS Improvement COVID-19 web page https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/primary-care/ that includes important updates for the NHS including primary care providers (including general practice, community pharmacy, dental and optical providers).
- If you need any COVID-19 specific public health advice which is not already covered in published guidance, please contact your Local Health Protection Unit or your local commissioner.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.